Coming soon- Racers Reunion Banquet in Texas September 19, 2015

Coming soon- Racers Reunion Banquet in Texas September 19, 2015

Brian Caruso
Administrator

2015 RACERS REUNION BANQUET
Where Stories Come To Life!
For the 2015 Racers Reunion Banquet, we have the privilege of honoring the life and times of Lloyd Ruby. “The Quiet Texan” was one of the most peer-respected men in the pits. You will want to join us as Donald Davidson, the Indianapolis Motor Speedway historian, and fellow competitor, Johnny Rutherford, share personal stories about Rube.

AUCTION - Racing art, collectibles and many other items will be available in the Silent Auction, so plan on taking home some custom art, or autographed memorabilia. Proceeds from the auction help support the event and help us tell the racing stories from the past.
.

VINTAGE RACE CARS - Many beautifully restored vintage race cars will be on display. There will be cars driven by Ruby, including a Ford GT40 and a midget, plus other iconic race cars from a variety of motorsports. Last year included a Funny car, a super modified, a front engine dragster, a midget and a stock car.

BOB NOWICKE - Jerry Nowicke will be sharing stories about his father, Bob Nowicke, one of the most successful car owners from the Midwest. Nowicke’s drivers were the cream of the crop: Foyt, Ruby, Andretti, Tattersall, Sutton, Nazaruk and Bettenhausen, just to mention a few.

TICKETS - Tickets for the 2015 Racers Reunion Banquet will go on sale in late June. Mark your calendar so you do not miss out on the event all true race fans will want to attend. Your ticket will include total access for the day, which includes a model car contest, bench racing, dinner, the autograph session and the feature presentations.

Re: Coming soon- Racers Reunion Banquet in Texas September 19, 2015

Bart Stevens
Thanks Brian!

I spent last weekend in Wichita Falls picking out some of Ruby's trophies we will have on display.

I love these old trophies! Real works of art.

Bart