Vintage Midgets Duane Carter Collection

randy chenowth
This post was updated on .
Hello
This is Randy Chenowth. We stopped at your museum in Aug 2012 on our way to Bonneville with our motorcycle.

I have a group of photos that I purchased from the estate of Duane Carter, I have 4 photos that I can not identify the car, drivers or the track.I thought you might be able to help. All of these were taken by Bob Verlin & they have his stamp on the back.

I would appreciate help from any one to identify The Cars , Drivers or the Track.
You can contact me at saltfever@cox.net

Re: Vintage Midgets Duane Carter Collection

Brian Caruso
Randy,
 The year was 1947. The number 5 was a new Kurtis Kraft with and an Offy with Chet Gibbins at the wheel. One picture is Chet winning a feature. It was owned by Frank Curtis (no relation to Frank Kurtis) from Long Island, New York. That car and the number 8 that Georgie Rice drove were purchased at the same time from California and brought back to the East coast by Frank Curtis. You can see the C on the front bumper.
 I will ask around to see who the other cars are.
 Brian

Re: Vintage Midgets Duane Carter Collection

randy chenowth
Brian
Thanks for the info