Robel Quarter Midget Restoration

Quartercurious
Hello Everyone,

About 3 weeks ago I stumbled across what I thought was a cool go kart at a garage sale and bought it for $300.  I was excited to work on the car bought but new nothing about it, so I went online.  Over the next couple of weeks spending to many hours online and with the help of some new found friends I've come to find out that I bought a Robel Corporation Quarter Midget.  The car was mostly complete and I am now in the process of restoring it.  I thought I might post some pics of the car as it comes along, and maybe get some tips or info from you guy's along the way.  Well here's how its going so far.  Thanks and reply away! Adam Continental Corp 5 bolt enginestriped frame

Re: Robel Quarter Midget Restoration

Brian Caruso
Adam,
Good luck with your restoration and thanks for posting on our website. I heard Doug was helping you with some information about the Robel Quarter Midget. Keep us up to date on your progress.
Regards, Brian

Re: Robel Quarter Midget Restoration

Fitz
I actually owned (and raced) a Robel almost exactly like the one you bought (right down to the color) in 1959.  It wasn't the "coolest" car on the track, but I won my share of trophies.

Re: Robel Quarter Midget Restoration

Fred Robel
Any news, or progress on the restoration?

I raced quarter midgets from 1976 - 1984.  Never had one of these.  Oldest one I raced was a late sixties Kurtis.  Had the chance to buy one on eBay, that looked suspiciously just like yours, around 2007; but I passed on it.

Good luck!